Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Your Role in Life

My Family
My Family


In order to live Abundantly we must have a vision of who we are. We not only know who we are, we know where we are going.
We have to discover our role and then fulfill it.
Some roles are
  • by birth – we are a child of someone, and maybe a sibling. Other roles are
  • by choice – like a husband or wife or a parent. Other roles
  • we slip into and they are of our making because of our strengths and abilities – like a teacher, or a scientist or a builder.
  • still one role I believe is the most important — the one of your highest calling and that is the role of just being YOU!
— By this I mean living up to your potential, opening the Divine gifts of what makes you uniquely you and using them in brilliant ways.
When we are being our best in whichever role then we are living a dream fulfilled! We dream the dream and then live it into reality!
Dreams are a good thing – they give us something to aspire to. Dreams keep us from staying stagnant. Dreams motivate us to do better, live better, be better. Usually we dream about how to improve ourselves or our situation. Because we are different all our dreams and desires are different but usually it’s a move towards an ideal world, a world filled with abundance. There is no worries in this dream world … I am the best in my field; I am the best wife/husband; I am the best parent.
For me and my roles:
I dream about having the perfect marriage … being the best wife I can be.
I envision being the greatest Mom and Mom-in-law in the world.
I want to be the wise and giving Grandmother …
and so, I read, I watch others, I learn as I go – sometimes I am wiser from my mistakes, always from my victories, and I keep going day by day.
I dream about working my dream job and loving every minute of it. It comes from self-educating, putting my best foot forward, being bold and courageous in trying out new ideas or pursuits when it is more comfortable to stay in my comfort area.  I know eventually, with this dream job will come freedom of time and resources to serve and give like I want.
I dream about being stress free. I actually have been learning about this and applying principles I have studied – see my book The Road to Stress-Free Living.
Dreams are nothing if they keep us in dream land and away from reality of fulfilling our roles. Acknowledgement of who we are and our pursuit of dreams is useless unless we actually take concrete actions to be our most excellent self and make those dream come true.
My goal is to encourage you to identify your passions. Identify what it is that stirs your heart and makes you smile. What makes your heart sing?  Learn what your strengths are – what you’re really good at.  So, you’re wife/husband, or parent? you’re an artist, doctor, farmer, or teacher? Well, to be the best at any of these, hang out with people you admire. Read developmental books. Determine what is mere fantasy and what is attainable. I want you to have faith in yourself. Stretch who you are and what you believe you are capable of. Each one of us has a purpose or purposes. As we move through life that purpose may change or get bigger but, I am convinced that until we fulfill our designated role(s) in life then we may just continue to struggle with happiness issues, stress, and fatigue.
I am a wife, first and foremost, and when I am good at this then other roles are easier. I am also a Mom, A Grammy, an Aunt, a Sister and a Friend. I am a student, a teacher, a healer, and most important of all I discovered long ago that one of my main roles in life was to be ‘An Encourager’. Yep, I named what I am – gave myself a title. :o )  It comes natural to me to help people see their best selves and then become the person they envision. I guess that’s because I absolutely, completely believe we all can be better – we can each become our most excellent self. I also believe we all desire this. So, are you a Creator, an Organizer, A Delegate-er, how about a Listener, a Director, a Do-er or a Healer? By discovering our strengths and talents, improving ourselves, accepting who we are in the scheme of Our Story then, I believe we all can be winners in life .
I Am Wife
I Am Wife
My hope is to help you find your place. I want you to find fulfillment in learning ways to make dreams come true. I trust that in searching for ways to make dreams come true you will find that your goals were being met along the way. You may discover you have abundance all around you. Sure, making dreams come true requires work on our part and it requires knowledge on what steps to take when to take them. Fulfilling dreams means some organization. We make plans. We write our goals down. We have to build up our strength and fortitude for the journey. Directional living is necessary – learn where you want to go, what you want to be and map out your plan. I promise you, the steps will light up before you!
Remember, if we search for joy along the way and anticipate the best each day then every life is filled with the bounty that makes the journey to the end delightful. We  have to make wise choices though and then make a conscious determination to enjoy each day. We must have the faith and confidence in our-self that we need. We decide that we can live a successful, purposeful life and then we find that we are, indeed, gaining ground every day.
Don’t Forget! … in those moments when you are down and doubting – I believe in You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment