Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankfulness Week

This is what our daughter, Jessi, is using as her theme this week over at Musings of a ReNewed Girl. I love it. She is going from day to day with her list of Thankfulness. We have kind of copied her theme in our own family blog. You can see it here at Heart Notes.
I hate that we’re not more thankful more often. I am glad whoever decided we (the States) should have Thanksgiving as a regular holiday put it into writing and on the Calendars! It is so special to take time to reflect and really recognize how blessed we are.
This special day just could be my very favorite holiday of the year. I love everything about Thanksgiving. I love the time of year – autumn is absolutely the best season! Being always on this Thursday makes it predictable – you can count on it. The days leading up to this day are happy in anticipation of not only good eats, the gathering of family and friends but also the expectancy of being grateful. Everyone loves to count their blessings – sometimes we just forget.
I know some people routinely go out to eat their Thanksgiving meal or maybe cater it in and that’s okay, but me and mine LOVE the cooking part of it all! I like all the food that we prepare. We each have our specialties that we make from year to year. Pies, salads, dressings (stuffing) like this and like that, turkey, whole cranberries
This is what our daughter, Jessi, is using as her theme this week over at Musings of a ReNewed Girl. I love it. She is going from day to day with her list of Thankfulness. We have kind of copied her theme in our own family blog. You can see it here at Heart Notes.

I hate that we’re not more thankful more often. I am glad whoever decided we (the States) should have Thanksgiving as a regular holiday put it into writing and on the Calendars! It is so special to take time to reflect and really recognize how blessed we are.

This special day just could be my very favorite holiday of the year. I love everything about Thanksgiving. I love the time of year – autumn is absolutely the best season! Being always on this Thursday makes it predictable – you can count on it. The days leading up to this day are happy in anticipation of not only good eats, the gathering of family and friends but also the expectancy of being grateful. Everyone loves to count their blessings – sometimes we just forget.

I know some people routinely go out to eat their Thanksgiving meal or maybe cater it in and that’s okay, but me and mine LOVE the cooking part of it all! I like all the food that we prepare. We each have our specialties that we make from year to year. Pies, salads, dressings (stuffing) like this and like that, turkey, whole cranberries and sauce, homemade rolls, sweet potatoes like this and like that … and then the clean up … it’s a blessing too, because, we had it all to enjoy!

Well, I am not Stateside this year. But, I remember last year – and it was a blast! We were all together in Barling, ARK … Michael, Janna, Emily, Madelyn, Jessi, Benjamin, Jared, Jacob, Lowell and me. There was a lot of laughter … and a little fussing (brothers and sisters and husbands and wives), and more laughter and conversations and fun! And so, today, far away where there are no fall colors, no pumpkins, no autumn anything … I am thankful for memories of days gone by. Fun times. Family.

Tomorrow I’ll let you know the blessings of the here and now but today, ah, memories – they are precious indeed!
and sauce, homemade rolls, sweet potatoes like this and like that … and then the clean up … it’s a blessing too, because, we had it all to enjoy!
Well, I am not Stateside this year. But, I remember last year – and it was a blast! We were all together in Barling, ARK … Michael, Janna, Emily, Madelyn, Jessi, Benjamin, Jared, Jacob, Lowell and me. There was a lot of laughter … and a little fussing (brothers and sisters and husbands and wives), and more laughter and conversations and fun! And so, today, far away where there are no fall colors, no pumpkins, no autumn anything … I am thankful for memories of days gone by. Fun times. Family.
Tomorrow I’ll let you know the blessings of the here and now but today, ah, memories – they are precious indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment