Wednesday, May 18, 2011

wee bit Wednesday and a Smile

In reverse of title but had to share ….

Sometimes you just gotta smile …

Jacob yelled, "Mom, where's the camera?"
Jacob yelled, "Mom, where's the camera?"

take a look at these cows … they walked the little road in front of our house.

there was a mess of them!
there was a mess of them!

That evening we had to walk up the road 2 blocks -

the neighbors came out to watchthe neighbors came out to watch

Lowell kept having to tell me to watch where I was stepping!


finally, they made it up over the hill
finally, they made it up over the hill

As I am writing this little post I hear the garbage truck coming to get our trash.

How do I know?

They broadcast this song as they’re making their rounds!


Too funny.

Hooray for life in Santa Rosa!

Now for …

Wee Bit Wednesday

Here are today’s Wee Bit questions! Grab a button below, and linky on up, friends!

Happy mid-week to you!

{one} what profession have you always admired? Well, this may seem a little odd but I have always admired ministers/preachers – whatever you want to call them… my Dad was a preacher and I loved and admired him always! And then, my husband, after years in a secular job chose to be a missionary/minister – what can I say?  They make the world better. There is also hospice nurses … we had the best for our loved ones … a special ‘breed’ of human beings.


{two} what would the title of your memoir/biography be if it was written today? “This world is not her home, She’s just a passing through” …


{three} how far do you commute to work? I guess I ‘work’ all over our little town, but home is my domain


{four} are your earlobes attached or detached? detached  (isn’t that a silly question? I had to feel my earlobes to see what it meant!)


{five} do you eat the unpopped kernels of popcorn at the bottom of the bag?We pop our popcorn on the stove, so it’s the bottom of a bowl but I am very careful since I broke a molar on one of these treasures …


{six} what is the strangest gift you’ve ever received? Wow, you’d think I could think of something but my mind is blank except maybe – a rock – my kids gathered rocks for me – I had them ‘in order of delivery’ in a glass cookie jar and one day our youngest son emptied the jar to ’study’ them … no more ‘in order’! But it was fun taking a look at them.


{seven} what is one tv show that you wish hadn’t been cancelled? MONK!


{eight} what is something that you are saving money for right now? A trip to the States for our son, Jake


{nine} what hobby would you like to take up? I long to get back into my art – drawing or painting – it is a time-consuming hobby, though


{ten} how many times a year do you get really dressed up? 3 -4 because of weddings mostly – but also, for special dates with hubby – I love a good dress-up day! It does the heart good.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Silliest thing EVER – I did last week’s wee bit wednesday …  and to keep up, I will do  a double dose … ah, this could be too much information!


0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Let’s try this again …

{one} do you watch the history channel? if so, what’s your favorite program?

I do like the History Channel but we don’t do cable here in Santa Rosa, so I don’t even know any shows on now…

{two} what is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?

Read a good book, listen to it from indoors, drink hot tea!

{three} what does your dream house look like?

A farmhouse with gables and a big front porch with a porch swing and rocking chairs – and it’d be good to have a little farm to go with it!

{four} what state were you born in?

Ohio.

{five} do you have a change jar? if so, what do you use it for when it gets full?

Nope, but it’s a great idea –one of my friends who worked in a bank told me about a lady and she had a coin jar for each of her babies – cashed it in when they turned 18 – each one totaled over $4,000!! (she had 4 kids and my friend was ‘handling her youngest!) (True story!)

{six} what’s the first website you look at when you get on the computer?

My email and facebook run pretty even.

{seven} what is your favorite breakfast?

Bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy!

{eight} what’s the most memorable trip you’ve ever taken?

Wow, there has been so many trips … but, maybe the trip to Nigeria when we went through London and did the double decker bus –

still had all 4 kids with us and it was fun!

{nine} do you prefer your coffee black or with cream/milk/sugar?

Creamer… or real cream if it’s around.

{ten} have you ever done a professional photo shoot?

Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment