Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Kindle

It is Saturday - already????  I have loads to do, am actually doing loads ... and here I sit, writing a note about a Kindle? Oh, well, it tells you how my mind works - always multi-tasking even with my thoughts. Does someone in your family have a Kindle?Kindle, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology
We have one in ours. Well, it's not a 'family' Kindle - it belongs to Lowell. And he shares - sometimes. :o)
We had a friend who came on a Torch trip last summer and she introduced us to hers. It was pretty cool - she had a series of books going and since they were downloaded to this thing she could just pull it out and read - random moments at the airport, in the morning when she was ready to go and others weren't. Lowell was bitten ... of course, his sister, Ann, encouraged him... it seemed like something great to have here since we don't have library access or mail.
Lowell got his for his birthday - well, sure, it was an early present - it seems we have a to have a 'reason' to get something this big for 'ourselves'.
I like that we can order the Reader's Digest on it. And some good quality books. Granted, we do more free items than not because, well, we don't have the funds to go hog-wild with our Kindle. But, we are not disappointed at all - in fact, we know it was a good purchase.
If you have a Kindle or are thinking of purchasing one, you can buy it or books for it and buy through us - Yep,  just link up to Amazon through this post or go and visit our PATHWAYS  - A Family Store and you can buy your stuff and you will be supporting us and our ministry!!
Kindles are a pretty cool invention! 
Kindle

And now, it's time to switch out laundry, get lunch ready, then on to the yard-work, next paint a bathroom, and later head to a Youth function for part of the evening, and finally work on my PowerPoint presentation ... 
Whew! 
I am loving my Saturday - hope you're loving yours too!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you have something like Kindle to make the down moments pleasurable. I don't have a Kindle but you can bet if I get one I will purchase books from you. Blessings, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, I meant down moments as free time not down in spirit. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete