Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Celebration Part 4

"Count your blessings instead of your crosses; count you gains instead of your losses. Count your joys instead of your woes; count your friends instead of your foes. Count your smiles instead of your tears; count your courage instead of your fears. Count your health instead of your wealth; count on God instead of yourself."
The intention for this final installment of “Celebrate Thanksgiving” is to basically give credit to where credit is due...
I am what I am because of my relationship with the Heavenly Father...
I am a child of His – a Christian.
That came about because I was taught at the feet of my Dad and Mom. They were who they were because of special people who took time with them and taught them about the amazing love of God and the gift of His Son. And this was all because they happened to live in a country that was settled by forefathers who were determined to establish a place where they could worship God freely.
I know, I know, USA is not perfect by any means –
but I am grateful for and celebrate my heritage, my legacy and I pray I never take for granted the sacrifices of those who came before me and made my road a little smoother. 
That all being said, we enjoyed a marvelous Thanksgiving with our fellow North Americans yesterday here in SRC, Honduras - we substituted this for that but had way too much delicious food, visited, laughed, played games, watched videos, laughed, ate more than we needed and celebrated our blessings!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment