Monday, November 7, 2011

Creativity!

Two things I believe:
  1. we are created in God's image
  2. therefore each of us are designed to create
And I love it! Although I also know we are so very different from one another and some people may think they don't have an ounce of 'creativity' just because they don't draw, or write, or act. Well, to me the 'fine arts' are not what defines creativity. Every celebration,  every note or letter to a loved one, every innovative initiative one takes to make someone's  or his or her life better - it's creativity. Scientists, mathematicians, engineers all have a form of God-given creativity. I love it ... creativity. I actually write more on this subject over here and you're welcome to check it out.
Okay, a third thing I believe: so often I don't live up to, use up, even begin to touch what gifts I've been given but right now I am going to share something and in sharing this it will also be a challenge to myself. 
You see, this desire, this longing has been calling to my heart and I don't want to ignore it any more ...  
  • I am going to get back into my art! (painting, drawing, crafting) I've put it off for too long and now... I'm going to do it. I actually have started some little projects and I am even going to post pictures of what I'm up to. I think it's going to be fun. Whoohoo!!
    And, since I've put it into writing maybe I'll get it done. One step at a time of course. But, that's all it really takes ... and the journey begins. 
    Here are a few little water colors I did to share with some friends here in Santa Rosa.






    It's not much, but it was so fun and like I said, it's my beginning. 
    I love the beginning of stories, don't you? 
    The anticipation of what is to come, the promise of excitement and just the joy of the journey. 
     I'd love to have you along for the duration of this story
    ... let's see what unfolds next!
    0-0-0-0 
    And Thanks to Debbie for her invitation to join her 
    "Newbie Party" today ... 
    It's seems as good a time as any to mark my beginning of getting back into my 'art-stuff'.
    Debbie's home on the web is gorgeous - 
    just like opening a  beautiful magazine!


    Photobucket

    3 comments:

    1. Robin, thank you for sharing from your heart; being so open, honest and transparent. Congratulations on your return to your art! The watercolors are lovely. To answer your question, I do love the beginning of stories, but it's so much easier to love other's beginnings rather than my own, which I find scary. I love your gentle nature and look foward to visiting you again!

      Sharon @ mrshinesclass

      ReplyDelete
    2. Aloha Robin,
      Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.
      Your watercolors are gorgeous! I think it's wonderful that you've made your decision to use your God given talents to create again. I can't wait to see what's in store for us with your creative endeavors.
      See you in blogland!

      ReplyDelete