Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Homemade Goulash = Yummy-ness!

Today I'm not exactly sharing a Holiday Recipe 
(although I have plenty of those for another time) – what I'm going to do is share a quick and easy meal with you because for me, 
those always come in handy during the busy holiday season! 
This meal from start to finish can be on the table 
in less than 30 minutes! Isn't "Being Mom" fun? 
First of all, let me tell you, I may currently live in Honduras but the one recipe book I brought with me from the States is our 
family cookbook - Home Cookin' is a Family Affair. 

I come from a Pennsylvania Dutch/Irish background so there's lots of noodles, cabbage and potato recipes among other delicious, old-school comfort foods - pure delicious-ness!. 

One of my favorites is Old-fashioned Goulash. For some of these recipes I improvise because, seriously, – there's no way I'm going to find “Ragu Spaghetti Sauce” in our local grocery –
besides I always make my own sauces.

So, what you need is the following:
1 box macaroni and cheese, 1/3 lb. hamburger meat, onion, tomato, corn, cheese and hot-sauce.
chop 2tbls. onion and 2tbls. tomato, add 2tbls. corn
this is a small garlic - I used 3 small teeth
and grated them just so...
brown the meat, onion and garlic until nicely done
add 1tbls of tomato paste and 1tbls of water
this is when you also add the tomato and corn; cover this and set aside as you now cook the macaroni and cheese according to directions on box.
add the ground meat mixture to the mac and cheese and throw in a couple of dashes of hot-sauce; grate about  a 1/2 cheese over top while goulash is still piping hot and serve!
I served this up with side dishes of corn and a cucumber and carrot rounds salad. This salad is simple - slice carrots and cucumbers thinly and sprinkle with oil and vinegar dressing.  
The drink is Jamaica Iced Tea.

Now, wasn't that easy? Pure yummy-ness! 
Now you have more time for shopping and decorating!
Today I am visiting 2 spots ... first of all we'll head over to ...
I came back to this note because, well, I decided to take my recipe and go visit 
0-0-0-0-0
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Robin, I like how quick you can stir up this dinner! I am also intrigued by your Jamaica Iced Tea....how do you make that? I love tea! Thanks so much for sharing this at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jamaica Iced Tea note is coming up soon - a great holiday drink because of the rich, red color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Robin's Road you have won the Sunshine Award for your exceptional blog. I just love your blog! Now go and find out what you have to do to except your awaard. http://feedingnineonadime.blogspot.com/2011/11/many-thanks-to-httpbeautyandthegreen.html

    ReplyDelete