Friday, November 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Celebration Part 1

A while back – I'm talking like over a year ago - I made myself a writing schedule – complete with topics for various days and just to kind of serve as writing prompts. I love writing but sometimes my mind just flitters from here to there and thoughts are scattered along the way.
If I look at or examine my life I realize I also make myself prompts for other areas … like,
  • I have a very loose agenda I keep with the basic areas of my life placed into sections and the important stuff listed.
  • I have set prompts in my prayer life even – I have models I follow, and idea lists and even manners of praying … just to keep me on track because even though I may want to spend a season of time in, for example, prayer or meditation, I catch my mind wandering hither and yon.
  • Even though I love having my quiet time I am so unorganized with it if I don't have a set book to be involved in or a Bible reading schedule … like what I am doing now, I don't get what I want out of it.
  • I reward myself after housework – for example after so many loads of laundry washed and folded then I allow myself to get on facebook, or explore a few blogs
  • I know I am a 'bookaholic' and so years ago I learned to limit my reading times so as not to overindulge and then feel guilty.
  • I like schedules and lists to check off and calendars to write on.
  • I even work with a timer sometimes if I really want to get things done!
I do all this because I guess I've learned to accept me and know my weaknesses. I have to help myself live constructively or else I am so haphazard and non-purposeful - just a hodgepodge mess!
Which brings me back to the very first line of this note – I have a prompt for the 1st Friday of the month and it is to acknowledge and celebrate something or someone. Today I choose to celebrate ME!
This thought of celebrating me is recognizing that I am celebrating not myself but who I am in Christ – and as God's creation as a woman. This came about this way ...
I was feeling a little' low' today - I am on my own in the home for a few days and it's been gloomy. Plus, we were without electricity for about 4 hours through the morning. So, at one point I moved a camp chair to our backyard to sit in and do some sun worshiping (like I alluded to, the sun is a rare treat around here). I closed my eyes and began a thanksgiving prayer … one I initiated about 6 or 7 years ago when I had survived a horrific car wreck and just thanked God over and over again for my life. I take time with this prayer ... I start at my toes and work my way up through my body to the tip-top of my head and thank God the creator and Father that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in His image and then I consecrate myself to Him anew. Like I said, it's a process and I go into to detail. I love when I take time to thank the Father for … me! 
some of what keeps me 'in control': my homemade 'ta-da' agenda, my journals and my timer!
I delight in and celebrate myself. 
When is the last time you celebrated yourself ?… 
if it's been awhile or if never … then stop and try it. 
You won't regret it.
Oh, by the way, this is more a prayer of gratefulness for 
the physical me but, 
I have a whole nother agenda for thanksgiving for 
my mental/spiritual me!
God really is so very good and so for today 
TGIF … thank God I'm female!

Psalm 139:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment