Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Inspiration Word 2012 ...

A few years ago I wrote a note on my other blog about a theme word of the year ... that particular year I chose Serendipity! You can read about it here. Last year my word was "fallow" - it actually started out as a Wednesday's Word and stuck in my heart and mind til it became the theme of my journey - where I had been, and where I was going. 

So I was browsing around a few of the blogs I try to keep up with this morning I ran across Aimee at It's Overflowing and saw her note My 2012Inspiration Word - I didn't know other people had word themes for their years ... and I followed her link to here "Word of theYear" and lo and behold! over 300 bloggers are coming up with their own theme word! You have to read Ali's story and her expansion of not just choosing a word but living it out - it's great.
Now, I have all these new thoughts and ideas about 
what to do with my own word. I think it's going to be amazing – 
well, amazing is not my word but how it will evolve through the year knowing I want to concentrate on it and LIVE this word. 
I want to follow through, all year long and 
really make things happen in my life.
For the past little bit my life has been dormant, resting, 
surely being enriched but 
now the seeds have been planted and I'm ready.
My word is amazing because with this word anything and 
all things marvelous can happen … 
you just have to ... 

 Matthew 21:22
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
Mark 9:23
“‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”

0-0-0-0-0-0
The Lettered Cottage
and I have to go visit The Shady Porch because, well, Danette just has the best parties ever! 
and well, WFW is something I've loved for a long time and today, it seems appropriate! 
and of course on Thursdays I hang out at Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday and her letter just happens to be *I* ... perfect!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Love it! (I'm number 330 on that list you mention!) Can't wait to hear how you live "Believe" throughout the year. What an amazing ride you're in for!
    Many blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea. One word to colour everything and enhance it. Not to difficult to stay focused that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin,

    Inspiration words are great, aren't they? I think I should have one for each and every month -- not for a whole year. :) So in January my word is

    OVERCOME

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today -- it was lovely to welcome you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe is a very good word to choose!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe is a tremendous word. I like to use it in my journaling and art pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you believe, it's amazing how far you can go. If you don't, it's hard to even get the tires rolling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful word and very inspirational. My word for 2012...'Change'
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robin, so glad you came by. What a great link party that is, so many of us sharing what's on our heart for the new year. Hope you'll be a frequent visitor! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never thought of choosing one word for the whole year! Inspiration is a lovely word! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. great word! I hope you find many things to believe in this year!

    I wrote about my own word of the year on my blog if you wish to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful word .... i usually pick out a word for the year and have been doing so for about 5 years ... and I know that a lot of people in the scrapbooking community do the same ... it is a fun process ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi. Believe is a word I've embraced for a lot of years now. I have quite a few little signs with nothing but that word on them. They remind me every single day that life is filled with possibilities...and probabilities are only things we saddle ourselves with.

    Thanks for a really lovely link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter "H".

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  13. Believe is a perfect word! Starting out the day with such a powerful word can change everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that my word for this year needs to be 'change'.

    'Believe' is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this idea too. It does seem to be a very popular thing this year, for I have been seeing it on many blogs. Kinda cool you have been doing it for three years! I am still trying to focus on what my word for 2012 is to be. This is a great post and thanks for listing the linkup blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog as well, I am really glad you enjoyed your visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I guess the word that I try to live out is JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your word!-I am your newest follower from Layla's party-Stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My word for 2012 is "evolve". I see so much how God has changed me, my circumstances (health), and the desires He has put on my heart. I want to live up to that and make this year full.

    ReplyDelete