Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Not Always Easy ...

Nope, it's not always easy to get back in the swing of things. Sometimes it takes a little special prompting and it may be that prompting doesn't come in the best form. For me, today it's being forced to just be still ... with the exception of doing a few meaningful exercises. Yep, I now have a more genuine empathy for those who have suffered with back aches ... I twisted just the wrong way flipping on a light switch and man oh man, I have been out of commission for 2 days now. Thankfully, hubby has a list of excellent back exercises he has used and I will start them soon. For just right now, I am being still and am using this time to open up my gmail and blog accounts to do some 'catch-up' with folks.
These past few weeks have been busy with others things demanding time on the mission field so, I wasn't able to do but the minimal amount on the internet ... that meant staying in touch with family only.
But, hey, I'm excited about being back.
First of all I want to share a post I saw this morning by Kim at seventhirtythree ... I love it!
"She believed she could so she did."
 Yes, I needed that ... hope it inspires you as well, for what ever you may be going through or dreaming of. 
And next I want to share this from my friend Sam ... every so often we just need a little encouragement to 'get 'er done' and I have putting off some hot spots in my home for too long... Sam's in the middle of a 52 week project - check her out.
There's some other good things going on ... always is, but for now just one more note that I want to share. My daughter has a new blog in honor of her new adventure in life - it worth a visit and a follow! Fostering Love and Hope - the name says it all - starting their journey as foster parents.
And while I was MIA some great things happened in my life ...
this is one of my best friends, Rosa - I got to help her and 4 other ladies cook for our holiday dinner at church - an afternoon of FUN!
on the 26th hubby, Jake and I headed to Placencia, Belize to get our 90-day extensions - it was a great spot to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary!
here, hubby snapped a picture Jake and me ... Shawn, our guide, is taking us out to Silk Caye for a day of snorkeling - beautiful awesome coral, fishes, sea turtles, and even sharks!
we had our first dental/vision brigade come this last week - 4 great days of serving in a small mountain village
Which brings me up to now ... with me down with this back of mine. Did some exercises but know it'll be a few days before I'm back to normal. In the meantime, the heating pad and advil are helping out just fine!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robin Lynn,
    So very nice to meet you hear in blogland. Thanks so much for coming by and for your sweet comments.
    So sorry to hear about your back hon, and hope you are up and feeling good again real soon. I have had that same thing happen, you don't even really know what you did and then you are out of commission and then it goes away as quick as it came..........a mystery, but all part of God's plan........sometimes I guess we might need to be out of commission so we slow down a bit!! lol

    Take care hon,
    blessings Abundant, Nellie
    Nice pics by the way! and Happy 33rd Anniversary, how wonderful, we love hearing that as we teach marriage classes and counsel at times. So marriage is a big deal we think!!

    ReplyDelete