Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ranger Cookies and A Little Bit of Fun

Today I'm having some fun ...
I've washed a load of clothes and got to hang them in out in bright, wonderful sunshine! Plus, I've  baked a few cookies, done a little artsy stuff and picked & arranged some flowers.
We've been in the middle of heavy rains - it's a joy to do anything in the sunshine today!

Loving my family's cookbook

My Aunt Sara's Ranger Cookies - everyone loves them

I'll add the recipe later but it's easy and they're good for you too!

I'm in the beginning stages of making a bunch of bookmarks ... playing with watercolor is great!

I love that my yard always has plenty of flowers - to give away or for our home.

 These 2 plates of cookies and flowers will go to some new Mommies in our church family. Each of them are first time Moms and have sweet little baby boys to love on! New beginnings for these gals!

Last night I made chocolate no-bake oatmeal cookies and today the Ranger Cookies and as I was doing so I began remembering and then, I started counting my blessings -
  1. I have the ability and the means to bake cookies (ingredients and an oven!)
  2. I could think back on and cherish the memories of my Mom and Aunt Sara baking cookies in their kitchens
  3. I had so many years of making treats for my own children 
  4. I have friends to share my goodies with today
  5. and I have a great husband who appreciates all things homemade
Yep, life is fun - in the creating and the giving.
Here's that recipe I promised:

Ranger Cookies
1 cup margarine or shortning
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar 
2 eggs 
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups corn flakes
1 cup dry coconut
Mix together in order given 
(mix flour, baking powder, soda and salt together separately before adding)

Drop on greased cookie sheets and bake 10-12 minutes in 350 degree oven. 
 
this recipe made 4 dozen cookies














 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Its so good to see your blog again I have been missing you. I will be back frequently. now that I have found a way to follow my blogs better. Come see me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenifer - it's been crazy around here for a little while and blogging got put on the 'back burner'. I'll head over to visit you now! Thanks for stopping by my friend! Blessings!

      Delete