Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Strawberry Picking - a Time of Making Memories!

It's been a while since I actually wrote this but I couldn't get this note to work ... I hope you had a good Memorial Day -  we did. I put up several posts on facebook, and saw some great ones too of remembering our servicemen - those presently serving and of those gone on before us. Praise God for sacrificial lives that make our freedom possible.
I guess our real celebration was on  Sunday when we went to the lake with church folks for a cook-out meal. I love those times - we ate well - hamburgers, hotdogs, all the works plus, so many desserts! Fun, family, friends, and just good fellowship - what a loving congregation of believers is all about.

Now for Monday's actual activities, what we did do was go with a friend to pick strawberries. We'd made plans last week to go - and we had FUN!
We arrived at the fields and had a ways to walk
we were in good company - there were loads of folks with the same idea
Ann and Lowell displaying our goods!


Yay!

and now ... the 'pleasure of putting it up'
Picking berries, peaches, going for corn harvesting the garden goods, and then canning or freezing or 'putting it up' always puts me in mind of times past with my own Dad and Mom and doing these things with them - we had some great traditions. 
Precious Memories.
Oh, and by the way, Lowell did cook out hamburgers and 'the boys' enjoyed them with us for our own little family celebration.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment