Friday, February 13, 2015

How Do I Love You? Let Me Count 50 Ways …

I love you for loving me across the years of 36 Valentines Days
I love you for being a man of God
I love you for asking me to be your 'one and only' for a day ... and then, for a lifetime
I love you for trusting me to be the mother of your children
I love you for respecting me enough to be your partner in making major decisions
I love you for following God's example in loving others
  • for loving me as Christ loves the church, His bride
I love you for making it easier to submit to you like I should
  • I love you for being someone I can respect
  • I love that your prayers are not hindered and ...
I sincerely love you for the way you pray for me – every day is easier because of it
I love you for praying for our children by name day by day – your Daddy-love for them is so strong and beautiful
- and for praying for our grand-baby girls
I love you for the way you pray for the needy, downtrodden, sad, persecuted – for all those people so many of us never think of, much less lift up before the Father
I love you for the way you take me as I am and make me feel good about myself - you have always seen me as better than I am
I love you for the way you just plain, flat-out believe that I can do amazing things
I love your compliments … for my cooking, for my writings, for my art!!
I love that you told me I was never, ever a disappointment to you – how sweet ... it was exactly what I needed 'that' day
I love that we can rejoice together!!
I love that you love tacos as much as me
I love that you love to read just as much as me
I love that you love the wonders of nature and want to share that with me
I love you for being truly in love with God's Word
I love that you love to go hiking with me – or on a walk anywhere and that we can hold hands (or not) and feel like 'one'
I love you for sharing memories with me – for those times we re-live our life
  • for believing I was a strong enough woman to take on the mission field when you felt God's calling to your heart - wow! that's a biggie!!
I love you for taking me on the adventure of living in Banfield, Argentina
  • I love that you stuck with me even when it wasn't easy
  • I love you for the adventures you took me and my babies on - wandering all over that beautiful country in amazement (and in Spanish)
I love you for believing I was courageous enough to live in Africa the first time around
  • and loved it enough to go at it a second time around ... we lived in Africa!! how cool is that??
  • I love you for all our small, memorable trips here and there within Nigeria –
  • and I love you for making our Honduras adventures outstanding!
I love you for loving people enough to share the gospel with them
  • here (at home) and there (across the miles)
  • I love that teaching the Word is a way of life for you
I love you for our kisses every morning before you go out the door
I love you for reading out loud to me
I love you for asking me to watch beautiful videos (like last night!)
  • and also, corny, hilarious ones that make us laugh out loud
I love you for watching sappy, sweet movies with me and amazing inspirational ones too!
I love you for being strong for me during our deeply sad moments of life … there's been too many
and, I love how you make me happy and fill me with joy ... for just being your wife
I love your laughter – you are so cute when you laugh really hard and so precious to me when you cry
I love you for loving me even when I'm unlovable
  • I love you for accepting my apologies
I love you for your leadership
  • I love you for your humility
I love that you love me like this - this way that delights my soul
and I love you for loving me like that – so noble and pure.

50 ways and I have hardly begun …
I love you forever and day. 
36 years and counting ... forever love
#50shadesnoway

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment