Friday, April 15, 2016

Focus

"Focus, Robin!!"
 That's something I tell myself throughout the day. And I pray about it for myself. Just to focus on my business. On my writing. On my crafting. On my gardening. On my Bible study. On my family. I am just surrounded by abundance!
You see these two pictures taken from my desk? One is focused on the near ... tuned in to what's close up ... and it's lovely! Then here's the other ... focused on the pasture! Now isn't that just as beautiful?

I love this ... the basket is hand-woven from Nigeria, my reading glasses, Bible verse cards, and the little glass frame with its drawing from Come Before Winter at Roatan Island.
I love this - the spring-green pasture outside my window with the mommy cows and their new babies - and the trees popping out in the finery!!

It's not that I have attention deficit in a 'disorder' sense of the word. But there's SO much to focus on. So, I get distracted from one good thing to another even better thing.
Also, though I sometimes find myself with misguided focus .... struggling with the negative and letting it eat at my passion and positivity. Or, I spend to much time focusing on the future when I need to pay attention to the here and now!
What I need is a balance - and let my wanderings fuel my good intentions. For instance, yes, my dreams for the future are what makes me work hard here in the present. And all my talents and curiosity lead me to wanting to do it ALL  - so,

I really should rejoice in those gifts and use them joyously!


Some things won't change ... like: I guess I'll always be one of those folks who has three or four books going at a time and enjoy each one immensely.
- who may have three projects going at once but that is alright too.

I need to accept who I am!!

But seriously, there are times to reign it in ... and work through my 'weaknesses' until they become my strengths. I guess in praying through my day I am really asking God to help me as I use wisdom and discernment and give my best to what's before me.

Right now, I am going to use extreme self-discipline and apply laser-focus to my It Works business ... because it's way past time and I am determined to get it done!! But, knowing myself well, I'm so very thankful I don't have to do all this on my own!  

" If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting!!" 
James 1:5, 6
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment