Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Why I Do the Things I Do

Do you have a life motivator? Something that moves you to be your best, stretch higher, or maybe just try one more time to get something - whatever - right? I do.
When I became I Christian I not only had all my sins washed away in those beautiful waters of baptism, I also was given a special gift - the gift of the Holy Spirit who would live in me for the rest of my life! This Spirit keeps me going. I allow him to strengthen me and I know he does his best work in me when I've primed my pump and stirred my soul with the Word. I became a new creation that day and I take comfort in that. I am not my own, I was bought with a price and therefore every single thing I do in life can be a form of worship and adoration to my Lord - the King of Kings.
Life is life though and not always easy ... I mean, I find myself getting weary of this world, tired of the drama, and just sickened by the evil that is all around. People I love so much deal with sickness and distress. Our family deals with financial setbacks. But I am confident I will never be given more than I can handle. I know for a fact that I will be equipped with what I need to live my life with grace and strength. 
I believe in me and that I have all that I need within me to be my best. 

No, I won't be perfect this side of heaven but I can give my work my best shot. And that best - whether it's a good meal for my family, my next customer I sign up for my business, or cleaning my house - is me worshiping the Creator and laying out my life as a thanks to Jesus for saving what's eternal in me - my soul.

So, do you have a life motivator? If not, get in touch with me! Or just pull out that divine Love Letter - God's Holy Word!! 
 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written words from a daughter of the King.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sweetheart - love you forever.

    ReplyDelete