Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The Last Pumpkin - Who Loves Food?!?!

I am so very very grateful the Creator God gave us FOOD!! and taste buds to enjoy it and the sense of smell to savor it! So many precious memories revolve around food - for me at least. I just really enjoy eating!
I love all kinds of food - from so many ethnic backgrounds. I am thankful too to be married to a guy who loves the ever succulent adventure of trying new foods and then re-visiting those dishes whenever we can. There are very few things I've tried that I have utterly disliked - or perhaps I've not acquired a taste for it yet.
I love to eat on my own, in a group, or just with my honey. I love the gathering of friends and family to savor moments that center around food - after time has thoughtfully been spent in the kitchen. I love when I have been invited to a home and get to smell unique spices, to taste those flavors that are particular to that culture. We have lived in three countries plus visited others where we were invited to the sacred rite of sharing a meal in someone's home. Amazing! just amazing!
Food can be taken advantage of or even abused but I believe that God meant for us to enjoy all these tastes and a variety of unique dishes with relish and with no guilt!
Serving sizes matter, though. Use discretion and don't stretch your stomach into always requiring more to feel full! Drinking lots of water - even a glass before a meal can help you control the amount you want eat. All things in moderation and eating is truly an absolute joy!
I do have my own thoughts and opinions about food. I really believe that the more natural we go and try our best to use and prepare food with unprocessed ingredients, the better it is for our health. I think also, that home-cooked and fresh prepared is the best. It may take extra time but is worth it! Additives, preservatives and chemicals accumulate in our bodies and eventually may wreak havoc on our health. When we cook from scratch we can control the quantity and the quality of the ingredients. We decide our portions ... it is up to us to use self-control.
All that is not to say I always choose wisely or perfectly in my eating but my general way of life and eating is pretty clean and natural.
this is what I ate yesterday - started with a sliver of home-made pumpkin pie & coffee, then, pimento cheese with sliced olives on a piece of toast, for lunch was white corn nachos w/ jalapenos and cheese, afternoon snack: 1/2 banana, 1/2 tangerine & a few almonds, supper: a lean hamburger patty, sweet potato and salad. Wow! that's alot of food!!
I know, I know, I am so very blessed ... and all of us are who have a couple of meals a day. And so, I count my blessings daily, and am ever grateful for food!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment