Friday, April 14, 2017

Prayers - continued

Prayers are a mighty personal and powerful part of anyone's life.
The way I have prayed has changed through the years but then again, stayed very much the same. Hmmm - not sure what that says about me as a maturing Christian woman. Well, maybe suffice it to say I have always talked with God - whether it was walking on the shore while growing up or on an rooftop in my college years, or even now, as I am walking the track at the Greenway. Just all kinds of places - I engage in prayer time with the Father - sometimes, they are totally Spirit led, because for sure, there are those moments that there are no words on my part - utter despair, or complete joy. Many times God hears me repeating Thank You! thank you. THANK YOU!!!! and He knows my heart and its all-encompassing gratitude of that moment in time.
I love sharing and giving suggestions about prayer life with others. I have read some good books, and been in great studies. Prayer comes easy to some and for others it seems to be a struggle. But, truly, deciding to come to the Father in humbleness, genuinely seeking His will and way is all it takes. After all, He is the Creator Father and NO ONE know us like HIM!!
I do go on the most amazing walks with My Guy and they are special in their own way - he hashtags them #loverswalk - makes my heart so glad. Sometimes we go on hikes in these gorgeous mountains around here - those are mighty fine times too!!


 I mentioned the other day that I pray as I walk - I call these walks my Power Prayer Walks - bettering my body and my soul - you can't beat that! Anyway, I walk and decide ahead of time what my topics of prayer will be - Tuesday is for family - and I shake it up on the how to. I pray for individuals. Sometimes I start at the extended family and move in to the intimate ones. Other times I start with the head of our immediate family - Lowell, and move all the way down to the littlest - the baby our Jessi is carrying. And then, I pray for each. From head to toe, inside and out, their ups and downs .... this past Tuesday I started with the littlest wee one. I didn't finish with everyone!

finished my walk and still had folks in the family to pray over ;) 

Another example is - Thursdays I pray specifically for my work - and go about it various ways too. My teammates, or Distributors and then teammates - as in my Loyal Customers, and then also my own business - ethics, growth, dynamics of how to get it done - so many things that I can take to the Father's listening ears.
I also, pray ABC prayers (like I mentioned in the last Prayer note) and 1-2-3 prayers, and a five finger prayer that covers topics of concern. I use those structured prayers many times when I am driving long distances or even when doing something like mowing the grass. I have found I can talk with God with out any form and structure and it will be fine, other times I want to pray but my mind just wanders all over the creation. I am totally convinced He loves all the times I talk with Him - sharing my life in rejoicing and petitions. Journaling my prayers has worked too - and months or years later it is the most amazing thing to see how they were answered.
God is so good to us. I pray you know Him intimately and if not, 
and you want help on that - I am here. 
His Word is a light! No secrets! We can come to Him and accept that free gift of salvation 
and then, enjoy the most rewarding relationship ever! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment